Wednesday, September 10, 2008

North Manitou Island, northern Michigan

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but wanted to put up pictures of our recent trip to N. Manitou Island in the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Michigan. We went with Anne (Voglewede) and Steve Walker who live in Ann Arbor.

We took a ferry through Lake Michigan to the island where there are no motorized vehicles. We backpacked across the island by day, setting up camp by the lake shores. It was a cool mix of wooded trails and sandy beaches. The water was crystal clear and clean, but the swimming was brisk! It is a unique and beautiful place to visit if you ever get the chance.

PS - I've made alot of progress on the Vespa -- engine is rebuilt and body is repainted. I'm in the process of reassembling it right now. Pics to follow!









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well its nice to know that you have great hits here.

Anonymous said...

when will you go online?

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?